Tuesday, September 01, 2009

TOEMP Challenge 3.1: Herald of Nurgle

I've decided to work on converting a Herald of Nurgle on Palanquin of Nurgle for this 3rd challenge. Initially, I was going to work on converting a Herald of Slaanesh, but because I enjoyed painting the Beast of Nurgle so much, I figured I might as well continue working with the god of decay.

I've used the Morghur model as the base of this conversion. The Pestigor models are some of my absolute favorite models, and the Morghur model is fantastic, as well. The model belongs on a bigger base to begin with, so it just made sense to add some more gooey-ness and call it a palanquin. I wanted to make the Beastman himself to look more mutated, so I added a scorpion tail--and it just so happens to fit with the whole poison thing.

Anyway, here is the start of the conversion:

Photobucket
Photobucket

I'll be posting updates as the model progresses.

2 comments:

Mordian7th said...

Looking good so far! It's definitely looking nurgle-esque - Can't wait to see where you go from here!

Admiral Drax said...

Well, I don't know much about things nurgly, but I looks suitabky yucky!

Like the greenstuff work!

- Drax.