Saturday, July 04, 2009

Elves Everywhere!

I sat down this morning to begin working on my final two Eshin Assassins. What did I end up spending most of my time painting? The Warhammer Quest Wood Elf Wardancer, naturally!

While I did manage to get my two rats painted to wash, the Wardancer really only needs the metals highlighted and then the base spruced up until he's complete. I am proud of my focus... Hopefully I'll post pictures soon.
________

I received a package from Games Workshop containing two direct only models: Wood Elf Waywatcher Lord and High Elf Hero with Sword and Shield. The Waywatcher Lord is going to be converted into a Dark Elf Assassin. I've been planning this conversion for quite some time now. I've had the Games Day Chaos Champion that will be part of the conversion for a year now, so I can finally get this conversion done whenever I get around to my Dark Elves--meaning it's probabably never going to happen.

I've fallen in love with the idea of High Elves after seeing a picture in a past White Dwarf. The artwork depicted a High Elf on horse going into combat against a Dark Elf on Cold One. The High Elf was very bright, consisting of all whites and a little tan for shading. There was a linen color, a mother of pearl, etc, but it was all based off of white. It is exactly how High Elves should look! After really appreciating the picture for a while, I began ruminating on potential High Elf armies. Before I jumped head-first into yet another army, I decided to buy one High Elf figure and paint it to emulate the color scheme in the picture. I figure that if I enjoy painting the model--and if it looks good--then I can take the next step into starting an army.

No comments: