Thursday, August 06, 2009

Short-Term Goal Review

Current Short-Term Goals

Warhammer 40K
  • Assemble 500 points of Eldar
  • Assemble 500 points of Daemons
  • Paint 5 Pestigors (that count as Plaguebearers)
Warhammer Fantasy
  • Paint converted Skaven Ratling Gun by April 20th and submit it to Under-Empire competition [COMPLETE]
  • Paint 2 Skaven Gutter Runners [COMPLETE]
  • Convert 2nd Skaven Ratling Gun
  • Paint to wash double-based Skaven Warplock Jezzail [COMPLETE]
  • Paint 5 Pestigors (that count as Plaguebearers)
General
  • Figure out and create or buy Daemon conversion bases/movement trays to go between Fantasy and 40K
My short term goals have changed somewhat since I first posted them. I am no longer even thinking about Eldar, and any 40K that crosses my mind is in the form of Daemons. I love the idea of double-dipping, so to speak. I never know what I want to do with the Eldar, so I never settle on an idea and follow it through.

I'm not going to convert a 2nd Skaven Ratling Gun because I don't plan on playing my Skaven again any time soon. The next time I play WFB will probably be when the new escalation league begins, and I plan on playing my Daemons.

I still need to figure out what I'm going to do with bases/movement trays. I really want to go with round bases so that I can use the models for both 40K and Fantasy, but I know that I'll be playing WFB with them the majority of the time. Time to price-check GF9 custom trays!

An updated version of my short-term goals would read as follows:

Warhammer Fantasy
  • Assemble 10 Daemonettes
  • Assemble 10 Bloodletters
  • Assemble 5 Seekers
  • Test model a Horror
  • Model 4 Humanoid Plaguebearers
  • Greenstuff gaps on Beast of Nurgle
General
  • Figure out and create or buy Daemon conversion bases/movement trays to go between Fantasy and 40K

No comments: