Sunday, August 09, 2009

TOEMP: Basing the Pestigors

I've been busy getting ready for the camp I volunteer at every summer, so I haven't had much time to work on models, but I did manage to get my Pestigors glued to their bases before slapping on some Black Lava (Vallejo). I used some greenstuff to help mount the Pestigors. After I was finished with that, I had some greenstuff left over so I decided to fill in some of the gaps on the currently headless Bloodletters. This is the first time I have done such a thing, and I'm interested to see how they turn out. I left some Bloodletters untouched--as a control group--and will determine whether or not I'm going to do this with all my models in the army. With my last army, I did a lot of basic gluing, drybrushing, and washing to get the army finished. With this army, I'd like to try to work at making a more finished product.

I'll be able to work on some things tomorrow morning, but after that, I'll be leaving town for at least 12 days. Fortunately, 73rd has been kind enough to allow some of to have a "delayed start" of sorts, so I won't get hosed for having a pre-planned scheduling conflict.

Tomorrow I hope to at least get my Pestigors primed. If I'm lucky, I'll get the Bloodletters based, too.

No comments: