Wednesday, August 26, 2009

TOEMP Challenge 2.2: Completed


Photobucket

I was worried for a bit that I wouldn't make it, especially after misplacing the paint recipe for my Nurgle friends. Luckily, I'm still on vacation, so I was able to spend the day painting. I have no idea what I'm going to do for this army regarding bases--I'd like them to function for 40k as well as Fantasy--so those didn't get any attention.

Here's a companion shot of the Nurgle with his Plaguebearer relative:

Photobucket

Looking forward to the next challenge!

5 comments:

Paul Wu said...

Very nice and Nurlgy! I especially like the drybrush work on the model. It almost gives it an EC Comics look to it. (You know, those guys from back in the day who put out all those horror comics like Tales from the Crypt, The Vault of Horror, The Haunt of Fear, etc.)

Mordian7th said...

Nice work - The green/pink combo on the beast is well done, and definitely looks gross (as it should!). I like the look of the screamer models, but I find they're very fiddly to assemble - the tail section is a pain to attach with any stability.

Keep up the great work!

Grégory Privat said...

What I like the most : It s Nurgle.
What I like the less : It s not Nurgle only ))

73rd said...

Woohoo great work! I love everything Nurgle, he is such a pustulent menace isn't he and you have more than done his minions justice!

Shrink to Fit said...

Thanks, guys! I'm really liking the style I painted the beast in--with a lot of washes and then extreme highlighting. I think that I may repaint the two Screamers I have finished in a similar fashion. But not right now. Maybe later, if I find that the style works on the other models I complete in the challenge.