Saturday, September 05, 2009

TOEMP Challenge 3.3: Herald of Nurgle project failed!

So close to finishing this guy! Sadly, there was just too much real life interference today to allow me to complete him. Anyway, as I'm not going to be able to work on it anymore before the deadline, here he is in his current state.

I still need to highlight the pink tentacles, horns, hooves, claw, staff, and mouth. The base needs to be completed, as well. But, I like how he has turned out thus far. I tried for a a decayed greenish brown skin color so he wouldn't look just like a regular old Beastman.

Photobucket

Comments are always appreciated.

6 comments:

Mordian7th said...

The deadline isn't until midnight on the 6th, as far as I understand it - but I hear ya, I was hoping to work on another unit this week and Real Life (tm) put the kibosh on that.

Nevertheless, I think that looks fantastic! It has a real sense of motion, like it's lunging off the base.

Keep up the great work!

Paul Wu said...

Once again, nicely done in capturing the Nurgliness of a model - I'm really digging the harshness of your top layers; it gives the model a definite dynamic quality.

Elazar The Glorified said...

Shame you coudln't get him finished in time but what you have done looks great.

Shrink to Fit said...

@Mordian7th - I'm out of town for the weekend, so I don't have any more time to work on the model. Boo.

@Paul Wu - Actually, a comment you made on my Beast of Nurgle lead me to strive for that effect. I really like it, too, so thanks!

@Elazar The Glorified - I plan on still finishing the model. It just won't count toward the TOEMP challenge. But the competition is all about getting stuff painted, I feel that I still accomplished my goal.

HuronBH said...

Actually, I will count. I did not finish week 1 and still got full points for my marine squad I finished 6 days late just with -3 points for not meeting the goal.

I like him so far, interested to see what more you do to the model to make it "finished."

Grégory Privat said...

That s the trick with Nurgle : You can call it "finished" t any time !

I would count the points )