Sunday, August 23, 2009

TOEMP Challenge 2.1: Greenstuffing Papa Nurgle's Pet

After getting settled back at home after a lot of time off, I was finally able to dive into the second challenge--well, technically it's my first since I was gone during the first challenge, but...

I have decided to paint up a Beast of Nurgle that I assembled a while back. The model had tons of gaps and didn't fit together very well, so I greenstuffed the crap outta it. For the firs time, I'm trying to make sure there aren't any apparent seams in my figures. I still struggle controlling the greenstuff, but I feel that I'm making progress. I added a very slight Nurgle icon on the beasts chest using greenstuff, but I didn't want it to be prominent because there is already one on his belly that comes standard on the model. I'll post a picture tomorrow when there is better light.

I hope to get the Beast primed tomorrow, and might even be able to get the basecoat on. I owe my Fiance a lot of "us" time, so I don't think I'll get much more than that accomplished tomorrow. Tuesday and Wednesday should be open to painting, and I'm confident that I'll have the time to get him finished.

To make up the extra points needed (the Beast costs 100) I'm going to finish painting a Screamer of Tzeentch I started previously. That'll give me the 130 points I need to meet this challenge.

No comments: